With the rise of the Internet age, home security businesses may abandon investing in traditional advertising platforms, such as radio and television spots, print advertising and door-to-door sales. As newspaper circulation continues to decline and the Yellow Pages proves greater value digitally, home security dealers are typically convinced traditional advertising is a waste of money. However, traditional advertising methods continue to increase business success in the home security industry beyond digital advertising. Combining traditional advertising with online marketing maximizes brand awareness and reaches a wide-span customer base.
Here are just a couple of examples of traditional advertising that still work wonders for small business:
- Community Sponsorships – Sponsoring a community event or an athletic competition creates a connection between the home security business and the community. Advertising the company name on athletic jerseys, banners or pamphlets presents opportunities for company representatives to interact with attendees during the sponsored event, reaching a hyper-local, carefully targeted audience.
- Direct Mail - Take a closer look at the mail in your mailbox. Companies continue sending direct mail advertisements to generate revenue. Investing in a direct mail campaign presents an opportunity to get your security message into the hands of consumers right in their homes. Taking advantage of direct mail is a matter of working with a local marketing company specializing in direct mail advertising.
- Television Ads – While Netflix and Hulu are a digital outlet for television series, TV ad revenue continues to grow 0.5% to $63 million in 2016. Advertising your home security products on TV ads in your community is an effective marketing method, making your company top of mind to consumers at home.
- Radio Ads – Radio advertising is a medium that engages with consumers during their commute or at home. Taking advantage of radio ads targets consumers by demographic and location. Segmenting advertising efforts by target audiences by specialized offers is highly effective in gaining new customers.
- Door Hangers – Door-to-door sales hangers are cost-effective and easy to implement with a strategic door knocking strategy. A well-crafted message on a creative flier is a great way to catch the consumer's attention right on their door step. Monitronics Authorized Dealers have the opportunity to create custom door hangers through ProShop, the Monitronics online store for a wide variety of marketing tools.
Combining traditional advertising with online marketing maximizes brand awareness and reaches a wide-span customer base. For more information on becoming a Monitronics Authorized Dealer, contact us today!